Phillips Mill presents 19 awards to artists in 91st annual art exhibit
Nineteen artists from among nearly 300 submissions were recognized during the 91st Annual Phillips Mill Juried Art Exhibit — being held online through Nov. 1.
The artwork can been viewed and purchased on the PMCA website — phillipsmill.org — and on Facebook. Proceeds from the event are earmarked to help preserve the historic mill that dates back to the early 1700s.
The show features well-known artists as well as those just beginning to show work including George R. Anthonisen of Solebury, an internationally known sculptor; Léni Paquet-Morante, a native of Canada, now a resident of Mercerville, New Jersey, with a studio at the Grounds for Sculpture complex in Hamilton; and Amanda Penecale, an artist and art educator, recipient of the Award for First Time Exhibitor in Memory of Russel P. Gilsdorf given by Pat and Bruce Hamilton.
In addition to the Honored Artist Award presented to Louis Russomanno for his “Studio Light” painting, 18 artists were presented with sponsored awards accompanies with prize money. They are:
- Patrons’ Award for Painting, “Arctic Plunge” by John Schmidtberger
- Patrons’ Award for Drawing, Pastel or Printmaking, “Corn Husk II” by Csilla Sadloch
- Patrons’ Award for Sculpture, “Just Enough” by Jennifer Rubin Garey
- Volker and Denise Oakey Award honoring all Phillips’ Mill Art Show Committee chairs from John Folinsbee to Laura Womack and Timothy Lovrinic, “Hoots Mill” by Dean Thomas
- The Bucks County Herald Award in Memory of Joseph T. Wingert, “Space Cadet” by Haley Manchon
- Award in Memory of Joseph J. Crilley given by the Crilley Family, “Halcyon Days” by J. Sean Mount
- Award for First Time Exhibitor in Memory of Russell P. Gilsdorf given by Pat and Bruce Hamilton, “Cliffs and Phlox” by Amanda Penecale
- The Diana and Jim Resek Award for a Painting of an Interior Scene, “Studio Glow” by Joseph Gyurcsak
- Casimir A. and Jane P. Sienkiewicz Award for a Traditional Painting in the Style of the New Hope School given by Marika and Michael A. Sienkiewicz, “September Recess, Central Park” by Jennifer Hansen Rolli
- Award for Abstract Painting in Memory of Julia Spedding given by Carol and Jim Stinnett, “Vines at Canal Water” by Léni Paquet-Morante
- Crystal Springs Farm Award given by Kathy and Ted Fernberger, “Through the Pine Barrens” by Lucy McVicker
- Award in Memory of Edie Wells Bristol given by Sam Jordan, Meredith McCormick and Jen McHugh, “Steel Stacks” by James Green
- Award for Sculpture in Memory of Shaun Miller given by Eleanor Miller, “The Inn at Phillips Mill Rise” by Mark Kobasz
- Phillips’ Mill Community Association Sculpture Award in Memory of William “Billy” Beaumont, “COVID-19 Put Us in a Tailspin” by John Rodgers
- The Phillips’ Mill Art Committee Award In Memoriam: William “Billy” Beaumont, “North Light” by David Stier
- Award in Honor of RTP given by Al, Cindy, Chris and Jenny Ruenes, “Snowball” by Patrick Seufert
- In Memory of Gus, Grace and Ty given by Kathy Schroeher and Jim Clare, “Rolling Rock” by Bradley Hendershot
- and Award in Loving Memory of Linda Slaughter for Watercolor with a Traditional Bucks County Theme given by Melinda and Ted Tally, “Slipping into Shadows” by Jane Ramsey.